blade runner

blade runner

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Web 2.0 Thoughts

I just read the Web 2.0 thoughts and it was very informative. I think I will comment on just a small portion of my reading because so much ground was covered. Let me see.... oh I know... let me pontificate on digital media and its future in the library. There have been many discussions about how DVDs and music CDs are heading the way of the dodo birds. Netflix allows you to stream about 10% of their library to your TV. No need to receive or send back those cute red envelopes anymore. As for music CD's, the writing has been on the wall for a while now.
So what is the library's stake in all this? Will we just download movies and music CDs from a future library web site and not need to set foot inside the library for these items? What about the new Kindle from Amazon? Are books going to be obsolete one day? Maybe we'll visit a virtual library on our computer and get everything we need. What do you think?

No comments:

laptop

laptop
my first laptop, what can I say, it was a bargain on EBAY.