blade runner

blade runner

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Interesting thoughts about interesting library wikis

Sherlock Holmes could be a good source to root out nasty wiki misinformation!




First of all, I do like the concept of wikis. Why, you might ask? Well, I'll tell you. I like the idea that you can go to Wikipedia and find out information without having to pay for an online encyclopedia. Let's face it, free is good. The problem with wikis would be the very possible mistakes and misinformation that you might get from them. Considering all the information that is on the web, and the fact that seasoned web surfers know how to cast a skeptical eye on anything they see on the web, I am not that concerned. Hopefully, someone learning to be a doctor or a nuclear plant worker won't use Wikipedia as a source for their information. Anyway, let's hope so.

No comments:

laptop

laptop
my first laptop, what can I say, it was a bargain on EBAY.